- Turn on your favorite holiday music! One of the best ways to get into the spirit is by blasting one of your favorite Christmas songs in the house. Here are a few recommendations:
-“Santa Tell Me” By Ariana Grande
-“Underneath the Tree” By Kelly Clarkson
-“Santa Claus is Coming to Town” By the Jackson 5
-“Do They Know It’s Christmas” By Band Aid
2. Watch some Christmas related movies or TV shows. Turning on a holiday filled movie or even TV special is the perfect way to get into the spirit. Movies that I recommend are:
-“Home Alone” (1 and 2)
-“The Polar Express”
-“The Grinch” (Jim Carrey version)
3. Make some hot cocoa. One of the best ways is to wind down and make a warm cup of cocoa. If you want to make it even more holiday inspired, stir the hot chocolate with a candy cane and add some marshmallows and whipped cream!
4. Donate to your favorite charity. One of the most important parts of the holiday season is giving, especially to those who receive less during the holiday season. By donating to a charity, not only will you be providing to those in need, but you will also be filled with joy because of the donation you made.
5. FaceTime your friends and family. Holidays can be difficult for anyone, so adding the fact that many of your friends and family might be spending this holiday season alone adds to the difficulty. A great way to raise their spirits is by giving them a call and reminding them how much you care about them.
6. Make holiday treats. A great way to not only bring joy to yourself, but also to your family is by making homemade holiday treats. Treats can vary from savory to sweet, and once you make them you can share or keep them all to yourself. Here are a few of my favorite treats to make this time of year:
-Ginger bread cookies
-Chocolate covered pretzels
7. Drive and see the Christmas lights. One of my favorite things about the holidays are the lights on houses and trees all around town. A great way to spend quality time with your loved ones is getting in the car, blasting holiday music, and driving through either your area or visiting one of the many holiday drive through lanes.
8. Make some holiday inspired crafts.Crafts can be great additions to your typical holiday decor. A craft I used to make a ton as a child were paper snowflakes. You can hang them from your ceilings or pin them on the walls to help your house look a little more spirited.
9. Decorate your Christmas tree. Obviously one of the most important things while getting prepared for the holidays is the classic traditions, one of those being decorations on the tree. Getting together with your family and fulfilling these types of traditions is a great way to get spirited.
10. Go on a walk with your family or socially distanced with friends. The most important thing about the holidays is spending quality time with the people you love, and it can be very difficult during these times. Talk a walk around your neighborhood, and get that quality time together while also being outside.