Welcome to Pride and Prejudice. Nope, not the book. Our column is a discussion of social issues involving the LGBTQ+ community and race relations. Our goal is to encourage our listeners to take more active roles in the fight for equality. For our first podcast, we speak about SayHerName, an initiative intended to bring attention to police violence against black girls and women.
My name is Emily Young. I am a first-year journalism student and a junior at M-A. I am looking forward to writing features and articles on current events this year. Outside of school, I like to play piano and spend time with friends. In the previous two years, I played on the M-A volleyball team, but this year I have decided to pursue swimming.
- Community Reacts to Race Riots Article March 28, 2020
- M-A Alumnus Reggie Turner ‘71 Screens Documentary on Tulsa Race Riots February 11, 2020
- Newly Elected Senior Class Presidents Plan for the Coming Year May 27, 2020
- Computer Academy Celebrates College-Bound Seniors May 26, 2020
- Pass/No Pass Leads to Changes in Class Curriculums May 25, 2020
- Students Reflect on New AP Tests May 25, 2020