Editors’ Note: This story is part one of the ongoing series, A School Divided.
Mara Cavallaro is a senior and aspiring journalist. Her struggle to understand and tell her own story has taught her the importance of sharing narratives and inspiring empathy among readers. She strives to amplify the voices of marginalized communities and is most proud of her articles Full Time: Full Mile: Why We Need a Buffer Zone Around Our Schools (on the noxious effects of pesticides in rural California communities) and “Strength in Diversity”: Where M-A Falls Short (on challenges to full inclusion at M-A).
- Early Decision Admissions See More Applications, Fewer Acceptances February 5, 2021
- Community Reacts to Race Riots Article March 28, 2020
- M-A Alumnus Reggie Turner ‘71 Screens Documentary on Tulsa Race Riots February 11, 2020
- Bears Continue Their Winning Streak Against Palo Alto Vikings January 19, 2022
- Satire: Advice From an Unemployed College Counselor January 19, 2022
- What to Do During Quarantine January 18, 2022
- “This is a Hall Sweep [Article]. This is a Hall Sweep [Article].” January 17, 2022