Welcome to Pride and Prejudice. Nope, not the book. Our column is a discussion of social issues involving the LGBTQ+ community and race relations. Our goal is to encourage our listeners to take more active roles in the fight for equality. For our first podcast, we speak about SayHerName, an initiative intended to bring attention to police violence against black girls and women.
My name is Emily Young. I am a first-year journalism student and a junior at M-A. I am looking forward to writing features and articles on current events this year. Outside of school, I like to play piano and spend time with friends. In the previous two years, I played on the M-A volleyball team, but this year I have decided to pursue swimming.
- Community Reacts to Race Riots Article March 28, 2020
- M-A Alumnus Reggie Turner ‘71 Screens Documentary on Tulsa Race Riots February 11, 2020
- Hotspots Present Tech Troubles for Some October 20, 2020
- Multiple Public Letters Preceded Superintendent’s Resignation October 19, 2020
- Teachers’ Thoughts on Asynchronous Wednesdays October 17, 2020
- Students’ Thoughts on Asynchronous Wednesdays October 17, 2020