Welcome to Pride and Prejudice. Nope, not the book. Our column is a discussion of social issues involving the LGBTQ+ community and race relations. Our goal is to encourage our listeners to take more active roles in the fight for equality. For our first podcast, we speak about SayHerName, an initiative intended to bring attention to police violence against black girls and women.
My name is Emily Young. I am a first-year journalism student and a junior at M-A. I am looking forward to writing features and articles on current events this year. Outside of school, I like to play piano and spend time with friends. In the previous two years, I played on the M-A volleyball team, but this year I have decided to pursue swimming.
- Community Reacts to Race Riots Article March 28, 2020
- M-A Alumnus Reggie Turner ‘71 Screens Documentary on Tulsa Race Riots February 11, 2020
- Let Them Play Protest at Sequoia HS Joins 100 Across State January 16, 2021
- Why AS English I Won’t Be Offered Next Year January 15, 2021
- Debate Team Shares Debate Experience During Covid-19 January 15, 2021
- Robotics Makes It Work Online January 13, 2021