East Palo Alto has grown from a town known for its poverty and violence into a rapidly growing city, both physically and economically. In the past few years, the city has become the center of several new tech headquarters, a change that continues to garner controversy. It’s important to look not only at the present state of the city as it continues to evolve, but also back at the past that has shaped the culture and identity of East Palo Alto.
I am JR Gerber. I am a sophomore at M-A. My favorite subject in school is history, but I am always happy to try something new. I am excited to be in Journalism because I especially enjoy writing about my passions.
- Early Decision Admissions See More Applications, Fewer Acceptances February 5, 2021
- Community Reacts to Race Riots Article March 28, 2020
- M-A Alumnus Reggie Turner ‘71 Screens Documentary on Tulsa Race Riots February 11, 2020
- Girls Lacrosse Loses in Nail-biting Game Against Menlo School May 12, 2021
- Tips for The AP Exams From AP Teachers May 11, 2021
- Long-Awaited Senior Prom Proves to be a Success May 11, 2021
- Want to Help India’s COVID Crisis? Here’s How. May 10, 2021