East Palo Alto has grown from a town known for its poverty and violence into a rapidly growing city, both physically and economically. In the past few years, the city has become the center of several new tech headquarters, a change that continues to garner controversy. It’s important to look not only at the present state of the city as it continues to evolve, but also back at the past that has shaped the culture and identity of East Palo Alto.
I am JR Gerber. I am a sophomore at M-A. My favorite subject in school is history, but I am always happy to try something new. I am excited to be in Journalism because I especially enjoy writing about my passions.
- Early Decision Admissions See More Applications, Fewer Acceptances February 5, 2021
- Community Reacts to Race Riots Article March 28, 2020
- M-A Alumnus Reggie Turner ‘71 Screens Documentary on Tulsa Race Riots February 11, 2020
- M-A Plans for a Unique 2021 Graduation March 3, 2021
- Opinion: The Race Riots Article, One Year Later March 2, 2021
- Regreso a en Persona Planeado Para Abril 5 March 1, 2021
- Opinion: Why It’s Better to be Born on February 29th February 28, 2021